Nature and aim of the position
The successful candidate will work in the Global Blue Service Center team as an Engineer IT Support focused on supporting, monitoring and managing systems, applications, networks and datacentre-based services for Global Blue (GB) Technology.
This role is based in Vienna but will require close collaboration with the Service Center team in Singapore.
The candidate must have a strong service ethic and good communication skills, as the role is client facing dealing directly with employees (B2E) and business partners (B2B).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide 1st level support activities for all GB Technology systems following ITIL processes.
- Ensure correct and timely ticket handling to meet all internal and external SLA and OLA terms.
- Ensure diagnostic, classification, fault isolation of incidents, and assess priority and severity
- Analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents following incident management process, including escalation to 2nd, 3rd level and 3rd parties to ensure the fast restoration of services.
- Maintain “follow-the-sun” ticket resolution and routing between involved Service Center teams and other IT departments.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including timely and frequent updates on the status of the tickets and major incidents to requesters and stakeholders.
- Identify, select, implement, configure and maintain monitoring and alarming systems (SCOM and Nagios).
- Maintain and update the knowledge base articles for employees and engineers.
- Trigger and update problem management by correlating incidents and identifying patterns
- Weekday shift work (including shift from 15:00 until 23:30) and Saturday shifts (about once every 4-6 weeks)
Profile and education
- IT education (must be completed).
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service mentality and communication skills.
high quality standards, accuracy and risk awareness.
- Independent, goal-oriented and self-motivating personality.
understanding of the ITIL v3 ITSM best practice guidelines (ITIL Foundation certification is a plus).
Specific skills and knowledge
- Min. 2 years of practical experience supporting and working with IT systems.
- Technical skills:
Microsoft Windows desktops
Microsoft Windows servers
Microsoft Active Directory
System Center Operations Manager
- Language: English fluent (corporate language), other languages as an advantage.
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
Work in fast growing international company
Most state of the art office environment
Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
Benefits – lunch vouchers, company doctor, refreshment
Employee referral program
Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
About Global Blue
Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping almost 40 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue’s Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world’s best luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and safely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue’s IT headquarters is located in Vienna. www.globalblue.com